3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Salt Lake City, Utah
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to fling open the windows and scrub everything down to get your home in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Salt Lake City to get your home looking like new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is one of the best times to ensure your home’s systems are ready for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Salt Lake City should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Local HVAC companies may will do this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family and home safe. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Replace the caulking as needed. Add window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency. Open all your windows to make sure that they can move freely.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. First, declutter each room to open up the space. Next, clean surfaces you don’t clean weekly.These areas include kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Wipe your kitchen and bathroom fixtures to give them a shine. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it as well.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to get rid of smudges and dirt. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
A simple way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new feel. You can also shop your house, which means switching out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with new paint, bright accent pillows, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo the look of a room, then look through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for every space in your house. Once you’ve decided on the style and color scheme you like, you can add matching furniture, artwork, and accessories.
A simple update for your home is to bring in window treatments that complement your existing furnishings and brighten your rooms. You can select from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
If you want even more ways to enhance your home, take a look at our design tips. And if you discover a look and window treatment that you want, give us a call at 801-515-3598 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you pick the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.